danco;476661 Wrote:
> For me, Action to Take after Idle Time in the Idle Player Monitor is the
> one I would use.
>
> I would have expected that it would not be too difficult to trap the
> behaviour so that no action was taken if an item was selected with no
> corresponding script (or perhaps that /bin/true was selected if there
> was no user-defined script). Even nicer if the label was used instead of
> Custom Command 1 when a custom command has been defined.
>
> What's the definition of "idle"?
I think I can work most of these problems out.  I can't really see a
way to make it fool-proof.  Some fool is going to manage to select a
non-existent custom command for an 'action to take'.  The only ill
effects will be confusion on the user's part and error messages in the
log.

Anyway, look for a version tomorrow that attempts to implement this.

'idle' == no players playing, no players updating firmware, no library
scanning occurring, no discretionary 'blocks' set.  'idle-timeout' ==
however many minutes the user has set that need to pass with none of
those activities being detected.  Again, the detection process only
happens once per minute, so very sort duration activities might get
missed.

--
gharris999