Matt,
I think you have another post on this running somewhere elae.
I would like to confirm WHS running SB 7.4.2 with MusicIP 1.9b6
(headless).

it's music on my other server over the network. That's the only
difference I can see at this point.  By the way mine was working even
without the depency change that I just made while following this issue.

When accessing your local music you should still configure MusicIP and
SB to access the local files through the network unc shares i.e.
\\whsserver\music
and not d:\shares\music

WHS filesystem is configured in a pretty fangled way as far I have read
and it can present problems accessing the file system directly.  Oh and
turn off your firewall.

Hope this provide a breakthrough.

--
BodgeIT

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are
right!
*SS*(7.4.1 - r28761) on *WHS SP2*(VMWare 1.8 Device(No Sound Card))
*Slimp3*(FW 2.3), *Receiver*(FW 65) & *Controller*(7.4.1 r7822).