stroom;514862 Wrote:
> When I connect with iPeng for the second time to the same server and I
> select albums, I expected that the artwork from the albums comes from
> the cache on the ipod touch, and the display of it should not depend on
> the server speed.

Well, it's not that simple.
There are two different caching algorithms at work: Artwork caching and
data caching.
Data caching works by _always_ retrieving a part of a table (albums,
artists, genres) from the server at startup to make sure the cache is up
to date (well, as sure as it can be).

Artwork caching is still part of the artwork retrieval process which
only starts AFTER data caching is finished (to be exact: after the list
of albums if fully retrieved).
Since the data processing still depends on server speed, there will be
a difference.

abelincoln;514894 Wrote:
> Any tips on getting synchronizing cache to work faster/correctly?
> Sometimes it synchronizes quickly but like today it seems stuck at about
> a quarter on the the bar.  I restarted the app because sometimes that
> works, flushed cache and rebooted the Itouch but still not working
> correctly.  Is the next step to reboot the router or any other advice
> would be appreciated.
>
> Rebooting the computer seemed to help...thanks

Are you using Windows?
I would guess you are either seeing the Virus Scanner issue (see 3rd
item here):
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/known-issues/

Or, the loading of the data doesn't finish because the connection
breaks down. This can happen if the screen saver kicks in before reading
the list is complete and you have NOT enabled "keep connection".

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com