That's reasonable. Could I then suggest that you break out 'artist local
artwork' into its own plugin? Maybe include that plugin with the server
(disabled or enabled, doesn't really matter). By the same logic behind
wanting to keep the server lean, you probably don't want plugins that do
10 different things. I think this would be some nice functionality, but
I have no need for the remote retrieval of info or images.

At the same time I don't want to maintain two or more plugins doing the same thing in large parts. They would still be sharing a lot of the same code, but I'd have to maintain them in two places. I've done that before with the Biography and AlbumReview plugins, and it was an awful experience.

--

Michael