pnw wrote:
> edit:
>
> To isolate the problem (i.e. LMS or VLC)  - can you play the VLC mp3
> stream  on another system with a Browser or VLC, mplayer or a smartphone
> etc..
>
> Yes - I can play the stream from another PC on my home network through a
> browser (to URL http:198.162.0.2:8079/st.mp3) so the stream from VLC
> seems to be working OK
>
> ref thread: sorry - I don't do this sort of thing much. Shall I delete
> and re-post as new?

Have you tried the approach I suggested - not using parec and using the
parameters I quoted?

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch with
EDO on Ethernet, coax out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Wireless
Xubuntu laptop controls server using Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB
DAC to listen to LMS via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!