NPendrigh wrote:

> Thanks - Soloist does not show up
> Soloist in a way is just my attempt to find people who are not the Album
> Artist, but the Track Artist only
>
> This is great for finding people who have a track on a Various Artists
> compilation
> For example, I have no Albums by Fats Domino, yet I have some tracks by
> him that show up on a few different albums and it would be nice to play
> all music (my own compilation album if you like!) that I have by Fats
> Domino from whichever album it was originally recorded

Sounds like you should be using the standard ARTIST or maybe even
TRACKARTIST tag when tagging your music files ?

NPendrigh wrote:

> So what I need to do is to search separately for Album Artist from Track
> Artist - is this possible?

Try to create a menu in Custom Browse with one of the following menu
types and see if they do what you like:
- "Artists" or "Filtered Artists" and make sure to only check "Album
Artists" in the "Roles to include" parameter
- "Main Artists"

The LMS scanning logic is a bit complex so it's hard to say if it works
correctly or not in a specific library, you really need to try it in
your own library to see if it works correctly with the way you have
tagged your music file during ripping process.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.