rlem wrote:
> Hi Erland,
>
> The SQL Playlist "Top Rated Songs by Artist", ofcourse requests the
> parameter "Artist" from the user, but the resulting dropdown shows a
> very long and unpractical list of all the -contributors- -- not
> equivalent to the main Artist list of LMS!
>
> Is there any way I can choose from the "normal" Artist list?

You can launch it from the standard browse menu by selecting an artist
and hit +/More and select "Dynamic Playlists" and select "Top Rated
Songs by Artist" menu.

Theoretically you can limit the list also directly in SQL Playlist
plugin, but doing that will mean that you have to select the "Customize
SQL" and manually change:

Code:
--------------------

  -- PlaylistParameter1:artist:Select artist:

--------------------

To something like:

Code:
--------------------

  -- PlaylistParameter1:customartist:Select artist:select id,name from
contributors join contributor_album where
contributors.id=contributor_album.contributor and contributor_album.role in (5)
order by contributor.name

--------------------

But this might not work reliably unless you have tagged all your albums
with ALBUMARTIST tags.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.