PasTim wrote:
> I agree when people aren't doing much testing, such a delay might seem
> unnecessary.  However, if you are testing various things, it is too easy
> (at least for me) to get the whole system into a mess and have to start
> again.   A graceful stop would seem a useful way of preventing me, and
> maybe others, from messing things up and assuming that it's the
> parameter setting that  is wrong, not just a stop/start problem.
>
> Looking at why the plugin updates don't show in LMS, do you recall when
> you first started with the plugin it had updates showing every time?
> You fixed that.  The solution might well be apparent looking at how you
> did that.

I remember that and I think it was because there was an incosistency
between 2 places where you put version number: in the repository xml
file and in the directory of the plugin itself, there is a file named
install.xml that includes the version number as well. At the beginning,
they where not matching and then the plugin was always claiming to not
be up-to-date. I'm afraid if I de-synchronize this number, the "always
need and update" problem will happen again. Reading Michael and Pippin's
answers, I feel that I'd better be part of the official repository list
of I want updates to work better - still not sure, though

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)