pinkdot wrote:
> Hi VSMI,
>
> Here are some answers to your questions, may be others can fill in the
> blanks.
> >   >
  - Not that I can think off, other than mentioned in the first post.
  - ALAC shouldn't be a problem if you ask me. Transcoding to FLAC or
  > PCM should work fine if your player doesn't support ALAC natively.
  > Can't say anything about ITunes, I don't use it, but I can't  think
  > why it should not be working. Check the regular forum topics if
  > there are any problems you should be aware off using 7.9.0!
  - Same story I don't use it but can't think why it shouldn' t work.
  - No, better not. It is better to do a fresh install. Some plugins
  > might not be supported and to prevent some unwanted side effects,
  > start a new installation. But what I should do is to back up the
  > prefs of 7.7.3.
  - Your current installation of Logitech Media Server 7.7.3. Reboot
  > your nas after you removed it from the package center, to be sure.

Pinkdot,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
_Synology_should_seriously_consider_hiring_you_for_LMS_development_and_support._

I will try to restrain myself from pulling the trigger before i hear
from someone who uses iTunes.  Anyone?

If this does not work, how do you rollback to Synology's LMS 7.7.3?

Regards,
VSMI

-Synology Logitech Media Server 7.7.3-042
-Synology DS1512+ INTEL Atom D2700 3GB Ram; DSM 5.2-5565 Update 2
-2x Squeezebox Touch
-2x Squeezebox Duo
-iTunes 12.1.2.27 library (using Logitech iTunes Integration plugin)
-iPeng 8.2.1
-Spotify (v2.3.9) plugin by Triode