i did it for my Synology DS215j
i deinstalled the old one and do it via allow third party updates etc.
The paket source was the pinkdot thing and the update was shown
directly.
Allthough i did not restart the Diskstation i installed the update
without problem.
Nearly everything was fine - even i can play dsf Files now !
The only thing i had to mention on ipeng was that sometimes the covers
don't show. In the folder list yes but on the single file view on ipeng
not.
i don't know if this is new because my ipad is gone with my wife to
holliday - and so i have to handle my whole thing with the iphone
(argh).
And for ipad i handle the covers with 700px in square. Maybe some of
them are (all are under 200k) to big for ipeng.

Thanks alot because it seems to be more stable than the 7.73. I
sometimes have on the newest offical one on HD flac breaks (24/192).