I have to admit being very puzzled.  This forum and thread are normally
very helpful.  However, on the topic of the Custom Browse menu tag
'pathtype' I have heard nothing.  The construct appears in many standard
Custom Browse menus.

Now I may be being exceptionally stupid. It would not be the first time.
if so, could someone just say so and let me know what I've missed.

Alternatively, maybe no one knows, even Erland?  If so, I'd appreciate a
response from someone who understands most of the other menu items.

I tried amending one of the standard menus and removing the pathtype,
and it did not seem to make a difference on the web interface, but I may
well have missed something subtle.  Maybe it does something for some SB
device menus?

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.