bpa wrote:
> Since we have been around this particular block just last June - I
> wanted to do a bit more digging rather than repeat the same advice.
>
> My suggestion is to try the PlayHLS plugin which is used to play Apple
> HLS m3u8 streams.  This plugin uses ffmpeg (or avconv)  to process the
> HLS streams and send a audio stream into LMS to send to player.  This
> means LMS is not dealing with DNS or http.  The plugin can be installed
> alongside BBCiPlayer and users just need to create a Favorite with the
> appropriate BBC m3u8 URL (found in BBCiPlayer menu.opml file).  The
> Plugin has its own thread see
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103158-Announce-PlayHLS-Plugin-plugin-to-play-Apple-HLS-m3u8-stream
> and installation instruction are in post 2 & 3.

PlayHLS seems to be working perfectly. Big thank you - the problem had
been slowly driving me nuts. I can't see what bitrate I am getting, but
it sounds ok.

I had thought your previous post of trying Proxied Streaming had worked,
but then the problem came back with a vengeance after a few days.
Changing DNS server didn't seem to make any difference.