bpa wrote:
> With pulseaudio - the virtualisation occurs only after you start the
> playing the source program - so more detail on what you are doing is
> necessary if you weant help.
>
> It seems you are not very familiar with Pulseaudio. It makes life very
> difficult for users especially as so few users use its features.  I
> don't know why it is installed as standard.
>
> When you are playing the source program - and then open Pulseaudio
> Volume control - which output is showing levels moving ?

1. We need to get the correct wavin:xxx value or nothing else will work.
So what should it be? default? 0? pulse? alsa? or something else? is
there any documentation for this plugin?

2. I agree. ALL of this is very arcane and there is little to no
documentation. I had it working once after a lot of work:

http://genietvanhetleven.blogspot.com/2011/02/solving-alsa.html

but then things changed, so I am now back to ground zero.

3. To answer your question:

a. Linux openSUSE 13.2 Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 -
1446929859 @ Sun Nov 8 04:00:52 UTC 2015

b. Installed the plugin with all the attendant variations, but I
still need to know which *wavin;xxx* xxx value to use. I've tried all
the aforementioned with no observable change in behaviour. So what
should it be? default? 0? pulse? alsa? or something else?

c. Start several different streams serially: firefox (youtube,
facebook videos), audio programs (Clementine, Amarok):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbaz9T-RW-M

d. With Firefox PAVU Control shows *ALSA plugin* feeding *Builtin
Audio Analog System (BAAS)* with the music changing the volume:
19676

e. With Clementine PAVU Control shows *Clementine* feeding *Builtin
Audio Analog System (BAAS)* with the music changing the volume:
19677

f. In both these cases the audio emerges from the laptop speakers.
We need to find the final step before the speakers and redirect that to
WaveInput and thence to LMS.

So it would appear that the sound I wish to send to LMS is indeed being
registered by PulseAudio, I just need to get the output of Pulse Audio
to be connected to WaveInput so that it can play on LIMS, right? Or
should we target the output of *Builtin Audio Analog System (BAAS)*? And
in either case, how might we do that?

I'll be delighted to spend time experimenting as you wish to direct, but
haven't a clue on what to do. I read instructions really well, but I've
read what I could find in the preceding thirty-three pages of this
thread and elsewhere... Clearly we are not alone in not understanding
all this.

Thank you again.

Kind regards, Andy

|Filename: wavin_pa_clementine.jpg                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19677|