Hi,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 05:10:35PM -0600, fedora fedora wrote:
> sorry, one more question, when preparing the aggregate, does the order of
> the values matter? right now my aggregate is like the following

No, doesn't matter.

> > One more question, how can i get pmacct to show the flow number in the
> > database? I got all "0" ,and when i change to aggregate to "
> > aggregate:proto,src_host, dst_host, src_port, dst_port, src_as, dst_as,
> > tcpflags,flows
> > " all the numbers are one same pretty big number"

MMM, sounds strange. Also, don't manage to reproduce either of the two
scenarios by playing your configuration on a test box. The "same pretty
big number" smells like dirty data? Enable debug and you should see on
the screen which SQL queries are generated by pmacct and sent to the
MySQL database.

> > Also i will have to read what exactly does  stamp_inserted , and
> > stamp_update mean..

pmacct has a concept of time bins - which you are currently not using in
your config (but you can easily add the line "sql_history: 5m" and see).
sql_inserted is the base time of the time bin; sql_history directive in
the configuration sets the length of such time bins; stamp_updated says
about when a specific SQL record was touched for the last time by pmacct.
Useful for troubleshooting purposes and general reference - not to infer
time bins' length.