Hi Brent,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:51:21AM -0800, Brent Van Dussen wrote:

> I was curious if there was a way to have sfacctd only insert into the
> database if a certain number of packets and/or bytes threshold is
> reached.

It seems you are looking for the sql_preprocess directive - and minb
and/or minp keys. It allows to put some conditions for row insertion/
update at every refresh interval.

> Would it also be possible to have the dst_net appended with mask length
> and a slightly larger DB field to accomodate it?  255.255.255.255/25
> would be a CHAR(18) instead of CHAR(15) but it would be really nice to
> have this information from BGP or the sflow prefix field added in so a
> network map isn't needed.

Netmasks. They are not there but i've recently received two more
requests in a row for such a feature. All coming from people making
use of the BGP feature. Hence, this is on my todo list and will
appear very soon - would say roughly 3-4 weeks. Would such approx
timeline match your expectations?

Question to you (and others who might be interested indeed): given
the use you would make out of them; how would you envision netmasks
implementation in the DB structure? What would be handy: a separate
field in the table or the mask appended to the IP prefix string? I
do have myself an idea but don't want to biase answer(s) at this
stage.

> One final thing was that I saw erratic behavior with the as-path feature
> when creating my own custom sql table from scratch, pasted
> below...anything look like it shouldn't work?  I would comment out the
> sql_table_version and sql_table_type and uncomment sql_table to define
> the new table name to use and everything inserted ok just most of my
> as-path's were then missing
>
> create table custom_llnw (
>       agent_id INT(4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
>       as_path CHAR(50) NOT NULL,
>         packets INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
>       bytes BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
>       stamp_inserted DATETIME NOT NULL,
>       stamp_updated DATETIME,
>       PRIMARY KEY (agent_id, stamp_inserted)
> );

Configuration and schema look OK (except for a primary key missing the
as_path, but perhaps that is intentional). In the table above, as_path
is the only primitive being grasped from BGP - it looks there might be
an underlying issue correlating sFlow data to BGP. Did you already clear
out other BGP primitives, ie. local_pref, are grasped OK? For some debug
you can enable the 'bgp_daemon_msglog' in order to verify the prefixes
are received OK. To see which router is successfully connecting, you can
locally enable debug. I can advice to give a name to the 'mysql' plugin
and then enable debug on the 'default' (core) process, ie.:

debug[default]: true
plugins: mysql[blabla]

If daemonizing, it would be convenient to add a 'logfile' directive to
get all such output nailed down somewhere persistent.

> Thanks and let me know if there's any other data I can provide.  Great
> work on getting BGP implemented into the daemon!!!

Thanks!