Thanx for the reply.

The output of free is the following:

free
            total        used        free        shared     buff/cache
available
Mem:        4046572     2832576      152012      784240     1061984
204248
Swap:       3906556     1086080     2820476

While is as below when stopped:

free
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:        4046572      520352     3223884       14916      302336
3286952
Swap:       3906556      485040     3421516

Seems that mysql plugins are reserving quite some memory as they list first
in htop when sorted with memory.

Thanx,
Alex