OK, so we’re moving from bottom-posting to top-posting… that’ll make it
interesting for other readers ;-)

The output of free doesn’t look desperate, but it is starting to look a bit
tight.
You’ve got about a gig of buffer/cache, which the kernel will evict if it needs
it.
You’ve got 200M of genuinely free memory.
What is potentially a little concerning is the gig of swap in use, that may or
may not be a problem depending on what else is running on the box and how it’s
memory use varies over time.

I’m not intimatley familiar with the internals of uacctd’s mysql plugins, but
my advice would be:

- Monitor the memory usage. If it doesn’t vary much over time you could go on
for years and be just fine. Keep a close watch on swap usage, if that varies a
lot or grows over time you’ll want to do something about it.

- Read up on OOM Killer, what it does and how it behaves. If you see OOM Killer
entries in your logs, it’s time to think again

- Can you put some more memory in the box? 8GB of RAM will cost you about £60.
How much is your time worth ?

HTH
Dariush