Hello!

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 02:52:42PM +0100, Job Snijders wrote:

> REQUEST TO THE PMACCT CONTRIBUTOR COMMUNITY
>
> If you have contributed to the pmacct project (your name may be listed
> below), please consider a reply-all to this email expressing your
> explicit consent (or disapproval) to change the license governing your
> contributions to the pmacct project, to the following license:
>
>     """
>     Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for
>     any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the
>     above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all
>     copies.
>
>     THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL
>     WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED
>     WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
>     AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
>     DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA
>     OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER
>     TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
>     PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
>     """

(My name is in the contributor list.)  Although the stated reasoning
for the relicensing effort feels somewhat specious to me, I consent
with relicensing of any and all contributions I have made to the
pmacct project to whatever open source license the project leadership
sees fit, as I am of the opinion that not fragmenting the pmacct
development community is the higher goal here.

Cheers,
Lennert