On Thu, 2018-02-08 at 11:33 +0100, Olivier Mascia wrote:
        Hi,
I've no answer for your "Consolas" font problem.

> (C)
> What steps should I take to NOT embed a font at all (knowing the
> consequences of it being substituted right or wrong on
> display/print)?

See the prototype of the CreateFont() function, the last argument there
says whether to embed the font or not. The default is to embed it. The
subset-ed fonts are always embedded.

> Aside from this I spotted some C++ details, while using a C++14 and a
> C++17 environment, which you might want to consider adjusting (if not
> already done in trunk: I'm using the 0.9.5 archive, not checking out
> subversion yet).  I'll write another post about these C++ details a
> bit later.

Regarding the used C++ standard, the 0.9.5 has bug where when the
PoDoFo had been compiled with a different C++ standard than the
application using it, then it could cause undefined behaviour. This is
fixed with the svn trunk, thus I suggest you to use the trunk snapshot,
instead of that old release. There is planned 0.9.6 release in several
weeks, which will be based on this trunk source code (thus some early
testing will be also appreciated).
        Bye,
        zyx