On 09/19/2016 12:54 PM, William Bader wrote:

Can you try it with the current pdftocairo 0.47.0? The source is at https://poppler.freedesktop.org/

I did try with pdftocairo 0.47 + cairo 1.15.2, but the resulting file is identical.

Do any of the non-printing ps files get errors if you view them with ghostscript?

No, ghostscript shows no errors...

Test-jma-Envelop-Blank-pdftocairo0.41-cairo1.14.6-manually-fixedC.ps got a /dictstackunderflow in --end-- error for me, but that is because it has an extra 'end' in the trailer.

Yeah, manually-fixedC is probably broken, that was a lame attempt at finding the issue.

If you think that the problem is the setpagedevice call, you could comment the line '266 621 cairo_set_page_size' in the ps and try to print it.

setpagedevice is usually OK unless you are trying to make an EPS.

When I was using an older version of poppler + libcairo, that section was not there at all, but not having it causes other issues (namely, the printer doesn't know the page size and sends it to a random paper tray). I'm actually upgrading BECAUSE I want that section!

Regards, William