* frantisek holop [2005-11-25]:
> > > could this be fixed for 3.8 release?
> >
> > no, only security/reliability issues are fixed in -stable.
> > you can try to backport the fixes from current, if you really need this.
>
> isn't this reliability?

In principal we only backport security fixes. If sth else breaks due to
this, we fix those ports as well. AFAIK there was only one exception to
these rules and that was a port which was completely unusable.

Now for your problem, you can just pull the -current port's Makefile to
your 3.8 machine and it should work. Furthermore it is consensus among
porters that installing xbase on a machine is not a problem, so the
broken FLAVOR is a nuisance, nothing more.

Feel free to execrate me for not fixing the problem before 3.8 tree
freeze.

Nikolay