On Tue, 8 Sep 2026 13:58:14 -0500
[email protected] wrote:

> Updated version of my port that now includes:
> - rar flavor for rar support
> - pledge patches
> - all 7zip binaries (7z 7za 7zr 7zz 7zCon.sfx)
> - man page and html documentation
> ... 7zip is also patched to not echo passwords as
> p7zip would.
> 
> Only tested the main flavor on sparc64.

Now I'm attaching my port.  I built it on amd64.

I took your patches for ArchiveCommandLine.cpp (load .so only from
/usr/local/lib/7zip) and UserInputUtils.cpp (don't echo passwords)
along with your pledge changes.  In the pledge patches, I changed
<cstdlib> to <stdlib.h>.  If it was <cstdlib>, I would expect to call
std::exit() instead of exit().  I also edited the man page 7z.1.

The big differences right now are
 - You build all of 7z 7za 7zr 7zz; I build only 7z and symlink the
   other 3 names to 7z.  (We both build 7zCon.sfx.)
 - You have a -rar flavor; I have a -rar subpackage.

And small differences
 - I also delete -Werror in 7zip_gcc.mak, as if some future version of
   clang|gcc would add a warning and break the build.
 - I also took sthen's fix to patch Windows/System.cpp to use
   _SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN.  This fixed my amd64's CPU count in "7z b".

My updates don't work.  My intent is to update p7zip to 7zip and
p7zip-rar to 7zip-rar.  With sthen's help, I have

$ head -3 pkg/PLIST*
==> pkg/PLIST-main <==
@conflict p7zip-*
@pkgpath archivers/p7zip,-main
@bin bin/7z

==> pkg/PLIST-rar <==
@conflict p7zip-rar-*
@pkgpath archivers/p7zip,-rar
lib/7zip/Codecs/

The update didn't work on my amd64.  I had installed the quirks diff
at the end of this mail.  I started with p7zip installed, p7zip-rar
not installed.  I put 7zip and 7zip-rar in TRUSTED_PKG_PATH.  Then
"pkg_add -u p7zip" failed to find an update, though "pkg_add 7zip-rar"
successfully updated p7zip to 7zip while it added 7zip-rar.  Maybe my
quirks are wrong or I missed a typo.

After updates work, some ports need a dep change (archivers/p7zip to
archivers/7zip), and x11/xarchiver needs a path change in its patches
(/usr/local/lib/p7zip/7zCon.sfx from p7zip to 7zip).
--gkoehler

Index: Makefile
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/devel/quirks/Makefile,v
diff -u -p -r1.1811 Makefile
--- Makefile    28 Aug 2026 11:19:10 -0000      1.1811
+++ Makefile    11 Sep 2026 00:39:01 -0000
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@ CATEGORIES =    devel databases
 DISTFILES =
 
 # API.rev
-PKGNAME =      quirks-7.218
+PKGNAME =      quirks-7.219
 PKG_ARCH =     *
 MAINTAINER =   Marc Espie <[email protected]>
 
Index: files/Quirks.pm
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/devel/quirks/files/Quirks.pm,v
diff -u -p -r1.1825 Quirks.pm
--- files/Quirks.pm     28 Aug 2026 11:19:10 -0000      1.1825
+++ files/Quirks.pm     11 Sep 2026 00:39:01 -0000
@@ -269,6 +269,8 @@ my $stem_extensions = {
        'vegastrike-music' => 'vegastrike-utcs',
        'vegastrike-speech' => 'vegastrike-utcs',
        'erl26-rebar3' => 'erl28-rebar3',
+       'p7zip' => '7zip',
+       'p7zip-rar' => '7zip-rar',
 
 };
 

Attachment: archivers-7zip.tar.gz
Description: Binary data

Reply via email to