On 2026/09/10 21:30, George Koehler wrote:
> My updates don't work.  My intent is to update p7zip to 7zip and
> p7zip-rar to 7zip-rar.  With sthen's help, I have
> 
> $ head -3 pkg/PLIST*
> ==> pkg/PLIST-main <==
> @conflict p7zip-*
> @pkgpath archivers/p7zip,-main
> @bin bin/7z
> 
> ==> pkg/PLIST-rar <==
> @conflict p7zip-rar-*
> @pkgpath archivers/p7zip,-rar
> lib/7zip/Codecs/
> 
> The update didn't work on my amd64.  I had installed the quirks diff
> at the end of this mail.  I started with p7zip installed, p7zip-rar
> not installed.  I put 7zip and 7zip-rar in TRUSTED_PKG_PATH.  Then
> "pkg_add -u p7zip" failed to find an update, though "pkg_add 7zip-rar"
> successfully updated p7zip to 7zip while it added 7zip-rar.  Maybe my
> quirks are wrong or I missed a typo.

You just need "pkg_add -u", and it works fine with what you have.
(Well, it didn't work the first 2 times I tested it, but then I realised
my update test dir had p7zip and not 7zip in... ;-)

> After updates work, some ports need a dep change (archivers/p7zip to
> archivers/7zip), and x11/xarchiver needs a path change in its patches
> (/usr/local/lib/p7zip/7zCon.sfx from p7zip to 7zip).

yep (straightforward).

so the remaining question is [email protected]'s comment about symlinks
vs separate binaries.

Reply via email to