On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 12:58:41AM -0400, Daniel Dickman wrote:
> 
> 
> > On Sep 14, 2026, at 12:38 AM, Theo Buehler <[email protected]> wrote:
> > 
> > On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 12:32:44AM -0400, Daniel Dickman wrote:
> >> 
> >> 
> >>>> On Sep 14, 2026, at 12:07 AM, Theo Buehler <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>> 
> >>> On Sun, Sep 13, 2026 at 10:49:38PM -0400, Daniel Dickman wrote:
> >>>> The reproducer did what you said on an IBT amd64 box and I confirm the
> >>>> SIGILL.
> >>> 
> >>> Thanks for testing.
> >>> 
> >>>> But the same reproducer did not SIGILL for me on my BT aarch64 laptop.
> >>>> Does it need a different reproducer to trigger it on that platform?
> >>> 
> >>> Apparently. There's clearly bad code with an obvious fix. Does it matter?
> >> 
> >> I’m not totally following your thought process here. What is the diff 
> >> fixing?
> > 
> > Bad code.
> 
> I’m not totally sure. I think we’d need to check if the callers are direct or 
> indirect.
> 
> If they are all direct then I think this diff may introduce new landing pads 
> that weren’t there before and it broadens the BTI target set unnecessarily.
> 
> I suggest that should be checked first. What do you think?

I think doing this is a waste of time and you're asking for too much.
ruff cranks out a release every week so today's analysis will be wrong
tomorrow.

> 
> Anyway that’s why I was checking for a reproducer first.
> 
> Hope that helps…

Reply via email to