> On Sep 14, 2026, at 12:38 AM, Theo Buehler <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 12:32:44AM -0400, Daniel Dickman wrote:
>> 
>> 
>>>> On Sep 14, 2026, at 12:07 AM, Theo Buehler <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> On Sun, Sep 13, 2026 at 10:49:38PM -0400, Daniel Dickman wrote:
>>>> The reproducer did what you said on an IBT amd64 box and I confirm the
>>>> SIGILL.
>>> 
>>> Thanks for testing.
>>> 
>>>> But the same reproducer did not SIGILL for me on my BT aarch64 laptop.
>>>> Does it need a different reproducer to trigger it on that platform?
>>> 
>>> Apparently. There's clearly bad code with an obvious fix. Does it matter?
>> 
>> I’m not totally following your thought process here. What is the diff fixing?
> 
> Bad code.

I’m not totally sure. I think we’d need to check if the callers are direct or 
indirect.

If they are all direct then I think this diff may introduce new landing pads 
that weren’t there before and it broadens the BTI target set unnecessarily.

I suggest that should be checked first. What do you think?

Anyway that’s why I was checking for a reproducer first.

Hope that helps…

Reply via email to