On 2026/09/21 16:06, Stuart Lamble wrote:
>  - Shutting down. Per Stuart Henderson's comments a couple of weeks ago, I 
> have tested to see what happens. If I initiate the shutdown fairly soon after 
> the server starts, it shuts down cleanly, no problem. If I wait a little bit, 
> it seems to sit there. For my purposes, this is good enough, but it's not 
> really acceptable for general release. (Logging is fine.)

that's better than it was when I last tried updating things - it was
sitting there even when shutdown soon after start.

>  - /var/lib vs /var/db (per Antoine's comments.) It looks like Kea is now 
> putting everything into /usr/local/var/db/kea. I'm not sure if that would be 
> considered acceptable or not. (It looks wrong, but isn't seriously offensive 
> to me in the way that putting it in, say, /etc would be.)
>  - Currently, configuration files are looked for in /usr/local/etc/kea by 
> default. This only really affects keactrl; the keactrl config file can easily 
> point at different locations for the actual DHCP server configuration.
>  - Runtime sockets currently have to go into /usr/local/var/run/kea.

those are both wrong for OpenBSD, but probably quite easily fixable.

> Other than all of this, it's working fine in my environment. The obvious 
> workarounds to the above concerns are acceptable for my use case, but I need 
> a bit of feedback/guidance on whether they should be corrected. If they 
> should be, I'll continue working on it to try to sort out those remaining 
> issues. (The shutting down issue likely will need some fairly deep debugging 
> to try to figure out where it's hanging.)
> 
> As I've previously said, I'm more than happy to provide the patches (there 
> are significant updates to the port Makefile, as well as the patches to the 
> source code proper - among other things, Kea now uses meson to build, not 
> autoconf) to anybody who wants it, along with the log4cplus patch.

seems like it might be a good point to send out the diff?

Reply via email to