On 2026/09/21 19:57, Stuart Lamble wrote:
> 
> 
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2026, at 19:31, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2026/09/21 16:06, Stuart Lamble wrote:
> >>  - Shutting down. Per Stuart Henderson's comments a couple of weeks ago, I 
> >> have tested to see what happens. If I initiate the shutdown fairly soon 
> >> after the server starts, it shuts down cleanly, no problem. If I wait a 
> >> little bit, it seems to sit there. For my purposes, this is good enough, 
> >> but it's not really acceptable for general release. (Logging is fine.)
> >
> > that's better than it was when I last tried updating things - it was
> > sitting there even when shutdown soon after start.
> 
> I’ve dug into it a little bit. It’s looking like a race condition/deadlock, 
> and I don’t have the C++ knowledge to try to figure it out quickly. I can 
> try, but finding both the time and the inclination to work on it is going to 
> be difficult for me for the next few months.
> 
> >>  - /var/lib vs /var/db (per Antoine's comments.) It looks like Kea is now 
> >> putting everything into /usr/local/var/db/kea. I'm not sure if that would 
> >> be considered acceptable or not. (It looks wrong, but isn't seriously 
> >> offensive to me in the way that putting it in, say, /etc would be.)
> >>  - Currently, configuration files are looked for in /usr/local/etc/kea by 
> >> default. This only really affects keactrl; the keactrl config file can 
> >> easily point at different locations for the actual DHCP server 
> >> configuration.
> >>  - Runtime sockets currently have to go into /usr/local/var/run/kea.
> >
> > those are both wrong for OpenBSD, but probably quite easily fixable.
> 
> I thought as much.
> 
> > seems like it might be a good point to send out the diff?
> 
> I’ll dig into the easy problems, find a solution, then send out the patches 
> once the solution is verified. Aiming to just have the shutdown problem left 
> when I do.
> 
> Hopefully in the next couple of days.

The fact that those directories are used at all suggests that something
is wrong about how the port is using meson, because the normal ports
framework for meson already sets the directories up as needed for
OpenBSD.

I understand wanting to fix it yourself, but you might still end up
with the right directories but done in a way which isn't really right
for ports, it would be much simpler if we can see what you have now.

Reply via email to