>> As I pointed out to the libvirt maintainer, libvirt should be enabled to
>> use the qemu engine that does work on OpenBSD.
>>
>> Sure it is slower than real hardware, and because of this it makes
>> little sense to use for more than testing, but personally I find
>> having a test network of qemu instances useful to bring up now and then
>> for various testing scenarios.
>>
>> If libvirtd could make life easier for this, why would cfengine not be
>> able to help making sure the virtual network is virtually easy to
>> maintain?
>>
>> Point being, if it costs us nothing to enable libvirt support, why would
>> we disable it?

By enabling libvirt support we add a lot of dependencies that are not
needed on almost all servers. I don't like to have python installed just
to be able to manage my servers with cfengine.

> I'm for libvirt flavor but I think we should cooperate with
> libvirt maintainer to have some libvirt-minimal without python
> and other crazy things..., because cfengine then depends on huge
> list of libs like avahi...

I don't mind having a libvirt flavor. I'll try to create a "take 4" version
with a libvirt flavor. Of course it would be nice to have a minimal libvirt
that doesn't depend on python but my time is limited so I'm not going to
push for that.

Kind regards,

Martijn Rijkeboer