Penned by Martijn Rijkeboer on 20130318 13:12.18, we have:
| >> As I pointed out to the libvirt maintainer, libvirt should be enabled to
| >> use the qemu engine that does work on OpenBSD.
| >>
| >> Sure it is slower than real hardware, and because of this it makes
| >> little sense to use for more than testing, but personally I find
| >> having a test network of qemu instances useful to bring up now and then
| >> for various testing scenarios.
| >>
| >> If libvirtd could make life easier for this, why would cfengine not be
| >> able to help making sure the virtual network is virtually easy to
| >> maintain?
| >>
| >> Point being, if it costs us nothing to enable libvirt support, why would
| >> we disable it?
|
| By enabling libvirt support we add a lot of dependencies that are not
| needed on almost all servers. I don't like to have python installed just
| to be able to manage my servers with cfengine.
|

| > I'm for libvirt flavor but I think we should cooperate with
| > libvirt maintainer to have some libvirt-minimal without python
| > and other crazy things..., because cfengine then depends on huge
| > list of libs like avahi...
|
| I don't mind having a libvirt flavor. I'll try to create a "take 4" version
| with a libvirt flavor. Of course it would be nice to have a minimal libvirt
| that doesn't depend on python but my time is limited so I'm not going to
| push for that.
|
| Kind regards,
|

| Martijn Rijkeboer

Given the dependency issue I hadn't thought of (sorry!) I think it makes
sense to work on the libvirt flavor after what you have submitted is in the
tree, given the lack of excitement for the concept, to avoid delaying your
work further ;-)

My $.02 ;-)
--
Todd Fries .. t...@fries.net

|                                            \  1.636.410.0632 (voice)
| Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                \  1.405.227.9094 (voice)
| http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com            \  1.866.792.3418 (FAX)
| PO Box 16169, Oklahoma City, OK 73113      \  sip:freedae...@ekiga.net
| "..in support of free software solutions." \  sip:4052279...@ekiga.net

              37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
                        http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt