On 2013/12/11 15:12, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:
> Landry Breuil <lan...@rhaalovely.net> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > No need to LIB_DEPENDS on cairo/glib2, gtk+3 already does,
>
> Is "No need to" to be interpreted here as "should not", ie. a general
> porting recommendation?
>
> Upstream explicitely uses this:
>   `pkg-config --libs gtk+-3.0 glib-2.0 cairo gio-2.0`

imho it would be correct to list the dependency in this case, though
in practice it only really makes a difference on !shared arch, and
gtk+3 is shared-only.

> If for whatever reason our gtk+3 doesn't depend on cairo anymore the
> deps will be out of sync.  And I see no problem with listing direct deps
> explicitely.  This question is afaik not specific to gtk+3.

I'd kind-of prefer for them to be visibly out of sync ("port doesn't
build") as at least then there's a chance the WANTLIB will be regenerated ;)