> I'd kind-of prefer for them to be visibly out of sync ("port doesn't
> build") as at least then there's a chance the WANTLIB will be regenerated ;)

I personally never put the whole dep chain into LIB_DEPENDS -- the reason is
that I work on the whole tree regularly and it is way easier if you don't have
the explicit LIB_DEPENDS, that can save you a bump.
e.g.
when glib2,-main moved to glib2 I had to bump all ports that had a
RUN+LIB_DEPENDS on devel/glib2 and I am *very* happy not every port that has
glib-2.0 in WANTLIB also has a direct LIB_DEPENDS to devel/glib2, that would
have been a bigger nightmare than it already was.

--
Antoine