Landry Breuil <lan...@openbsd.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:07:22AM -0500, attila wrote:
>>
>> attila <att...@stalphonsos.com> writes:

>> > Feedback, comments, most welcome.
>> >
>> > Pax, -A
>>
>> Ping.  Ports attached for convenience.
>
> Fwiw, i've built the git tip of https://github.com/torbsd/openbsd-ports
> on current, and they build fine.

I just pushed a couple of times to address your concerns; updated
tarball attached for convenience.

> Portswise, im pretty sure all the xpi ports don't need USE_GMAKE, but
> that's a cosmetic detail.

It turns out only the tor-launcher port needs it; it comes with a
Makefile that uses GNUisms.  None of the other extensions need it so I
moved it from Makefile.inc -> tor-launcher/Makefile.

> FETCH_CMD in noscript/Makefile is a no-go, but that's already been said.

Fixed.

> I want to stress the fact that *if* those ports hit the tree, they wont
> get any special treatment - you'll have to make sure they're kept
> up-to-date in -current *and* in -stable (ie find someone to commit your
> diffs, eventually provide packages yourself until 'blessed' stable
> packages are a thing), since i suppose your end-users are especially
> crazy about running software without known vulns.

I am committed to keeping them up to date and will happily do so for
-stable as well.

> I've read https://torbsd.github.io/blog.html#torblog0, and honestly, i
> think there's way too much fuss being done about this. From my personal
> POV (as an openbsd developer, and a mozilla developer), i don't really
> like the way TBB is developed (as stated before), but i've seen the
> relationship with upstream has improved, so i'd welcome your ports in
> the tree, especially because you've spent a lot of time on this, and i
> wouldnt want this work to be lost/stay unrecognized.

Agree in hindsight re that post on the blog.  Restraint would've been
better.

> Back to reading the ports now, but i would need other developers to
> comment on them :)

I appreciate all your effort in reviewing this and pushing me to do
things better, along with everyone else here who reviewed.

As a result of semarie's critique from last time my rework of the
whole ~/TorBrowser-Data thing is on its way upstream:

> Landry

Pax, -A
--
http://haqistan.net/~attila | att...@stalphonsos.com | 0x62A729CF