[Sorry for duplicate email to anyone who got one, my bad -A]

Landry Breuil <lan...@openbsd.org> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 09:55:17AM -0600, attila wrote:
n>>
>> Landry Breuil <lan...@openbsd.org> writes:

>> > Fwiw, i've built the git tip of https://github.com/torbsd/openbsd-ports
>> > on current, and they build fine.
>>
>> I just pushed a couple of times to address your concerns; updated
>> tarball attached for convenience.
>
> So, more nits portswise only:

Thanks a lot for this feedback.  Attached is a tarball that attempts
to address both your and danj@'s concerns.

> - meta/tbb/pkg/DESCR could use some more wording, as
>   www/tbb/tor-browser/pkg/DESCR.

All of the COMMENTs and pkg/DESCR files have been updated.

> - i dont see a README anywhere installed in the pkgs (could go to
>   meta/tbb/pkg/README, with the added line to the corresponding PLIST)
> explaining the end-user how that whole stuff works, without having to
> refer to the website...

There is now a meta/tor-browser/pkg/README

> - www/tbb/Makefile -> that .if !defined(ADDONS_ONLY) block should go away

Done.

> - no need to cargo-cult BROKEN-sparc64 nor the MODGCC4 stuff for archs
>   where it wont build (yeah i know, i need to clean firefox Makefile..)

Removed.

> - the dependency on gettext looks fishy. BUILD_DEPENDS + LIB_DEPENDS +
>   RUN_DEPENDS ? i dont think so, that also looks like cargoculting.

Fixed.

> - CONFIGURE_STYLE=autoheader ?

I have "autoconf no-autoheader", which I think is correct in this case.
However there was an issue with make configure that I'm not sure I
solved well.

The issue is that the "test -f $$d/configure" in gnu.port.mk fails
because Tor Browser does not have a configure at toplevel, only a
configure.in.  I presume there's a reason why the test is not:
  -f $$d/configure.in -o -f $$d/configure.ac
but I don't understand what it is... ?

My hack was to prepend . to MOZILLA_AUTOCONF_DIRS, since you already
have a pre-configure hook in mozilla.port.mk (which is where I
would've put the "extra" call to autoconf anyway).  This has the
desired effect.  If there's a better, more generic way to deal with
autoconf'd projects that don't ship a top-level configure I would like
to be enlightened.

> - since all extensions are installed *only* for tbb, it should be
>   stressed in their COMMENT/DESCR, so that ppl dont think that
> installing 'https-everywhere' package will magically enabled httpse for
> their firefox..

My munging of PKGNAMEs attempts to address this as well as explicit
text in */pkg/DESCR and COMMENTs.  I put a tb- prefix in the PKGNAMEs
for www/tor-browser/{browser,noscript,https-everywhere}, so the full
list of PKGNAMEs is:
   tor-browser        # meta package
   tb-browser         # firefox esr fork
   torbutton
   tor-launcher
   tb-noscript
   tb-https-everywhere

> And there are probably other nits... :)

I have a question that might turn into a nit: portcheck complains thus
in www/tor-browser/browser:
  stdc++ in WANTLIB when gcc4 is in MODULES; run port-lib-depends-check and if
stdc++ is still there, check actual build thoroughly, it's broken

port-lib-depends-check says:
  tb-browser-6.0.5(www/tor-browser/browser):
  Extra:  stdc++.57

I built www/firefox-esr to see what port-lib-depends-check says there
and it's the same.  I take it this is due to the way that Mozilla does
dynamic loading and there's nothing to be done about it?  This has
always been the case for TB but I forgot to ask until now.

> Landry

Again, thanks a lot for your time.

Pax, -A
--