On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:33:42AM -0500, Nick Smith wrote:

> Please excuse me if this has been discussed before,
> i tried searching the archives and the documentation
> and google and the info seems a bit dated and incomplete
> and for exchange 5.5.
>
> We have an exchange server 2003 (not sbs) at our office and several pop
> accounts which we pop for email to be delivered to accounts
> in AD.

Exchange is just an SMTP server, in this conext the version is irrelevant.

> these machine are both on the local network, is it possible to have
> postfix hand the mail off to be delivered to exchange?

Certainly, just route it there.

> is it possible to do this in the transport mappings?

Yes.

    http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
    http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

> how would exchange know to except mail from this internal mail
> server?

   If Exchange is not connected to the Internet, configure it to accept
   all mail, otherwise allow the Postfix server. This is not a Postfix
   question.

> how do i tell postfix to hand off the mail to the exchange server
> either by local ip address or other?

Add transport entries as necessary.

--
        Viktor.