St?phane MERLE:
> Wietse Venema a ?crit :
> > Sorry, that is NOT a good reason to throw away rejected mail.
> >
> > When non-spam mail is rejected, the sender needs to know. It is
> > up to the sender to deal with this, not the MTA operator.
> >
> > When people are sending real spam to hotmail, then silencing Postfix
> > is not the proper solution.
> >
> >     Wietse
> >
> Ok, I just get what you meant, here, the sender is a robot, those smtp
> server are use for mass mailing (subscription mailing like horoscope or
> daily recipe), so I don't need an actual email to know that a mail is
> bounced or expired. I am dealing directly with the postfix log files to
> get this and to react on the database. This is why I'd like to "cancel"
> the notification message. But I do understand perfectly that the MTA
> have to send the notification most of the time, because people who sent
> mail need to know that the mail is wrong or rejected.
> I am sorry, I should have made myself clearer from the beginning.

I will not post instructions to throw away non-delivery notices.
I know that people would mis-use this to cover up their mistakes
so that their users don't find out that mail was mis-handled.

If you have a specialized need that never needs to deliver NDRs,
then it is easy enough to edit the Postfix SMTP client source code
and change the SMTP_STATE_DOT reply handler so that it skips the
server reply code test.