Am 13.09.2016 um 14:22 schrieb Antoine Nguyen:
On 13/09/2016 12:43, Wietse Venema wrote:
Antoine Nguyen:
On 12/09/2016 17:04, Wietse Venema wrote:
Just for test, what happens when you do:

(this is what Postfix daemons use by default)
      LC_ALL=C postmap -q rat?.com mysql:/etc/postfix/sql-domains.cf

(this is to test what happens with an UTF-8 locale)
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 postmap -q rat?.com mysql:/etc/postfix/sql-domains.cf

Just a stupid question but am I right to think the use case I'm trying
to implement using Postfix 3+ and a SQL backend should work ?
Yes, UTF-8 queries are supposed to work with all Postfix lookup tables,
so the question is where things go wrong.

Fine. Do you have any hint/idea on what I could do to locate the issue ?

Antoine

hello ;)

not sure if this will help? but had a similar issue with mysql queries a while back.
it actually had nothing to do with postfix and sql lookup tables ...

but ran into trouble with different mysql character sets ... causing queries to also fail

not sure how your data made it into the mysql tables? but i had problems with latin-1 characters set ending up in a UTF-8 character set table and the whole thing got messed up ...

it's called mysql character set hell ;)

this link might help?

https://www.blueboxcloud.com/insight/blog-article/getting-out-of-mysql-character-set-hell

but again ... i'm not sure in your case. just an idea, perhaps it might help?

greetings
becki