Noel Jones wrote:
The ability to hover on a link and see something depends on html
code in the message, so this feature isn't possible in a plain text
mail.

... especially if the "feature" relies on Javascript to work. Personally that's one of the very first things I do when I have reason to do a fresh install of Thunderbird or Seamonkey; allowing active Javascript to execute in, from, or around an email message is just asking for trouble and IMO any support for it should never have been added to email clients in the first place.

-kgd