Hi List,

I am running a mailing list server using the ListServ software. List members can send a message to a list, and the software essentially forwards the message to the entire list, using the following headers:
    Sender: <The local list mail address>
    From: <The mail address of the original sender of the message>
I use my own Postfix implementation as SMTP server to send the forwarded message.

DMARC is increasingly causing problems for my list users, because the "From:" sender does not match the sending server (which is my own server).

One way to mitigate this problem would be to use the list address in "From:". But the ListServ software does not support this.

My question: Is it possible to configure Postfix to replace the address in the "From:" header with the value in the "Sender:" header?

If possible, the replacement should preferably be done for specific values in the "Sender:" header, so it will not be implemented for all my lists at the same time.

Kind regards,

Lucas