* Bill Cole:

> > Hence I wrote "break existing DKIM signatures".
>
> Which is not a bad thing, in this context.

The OP made no mention of implementing DMARC himself, just modifying
headers. In that scenario, I consider breaking existing signatures a bad
thing. I am aware of alignment mechanics, but I see that tools like
SpamAssassin or Rspamd score signature (mis)matches individually, not
only in the context of DMARC policies.

As far as I can tell, modifying headers alone does not resolve the OP's
issues. By the way, I have recently started evaluating Mailman 3, which
comes with some interesting features re DMARC:

https://mailman.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/mailman/rules/docs/dmarc-mitigation.html

-Ralph