On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 11:06, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> Dominic Raferd:
> > Using postfix 3.3.0 I recently set, in main.cf, 'delay_warning_time =
> 15m'.
> > Now when an outgoing message is delayed I see these in the log:
> >
> > ... postfix/bounce[12303]: warning: [built-in]: zero result in delay
> > template conversion of parameter "delay_warning_time_hours"
> > ... postfix/bounce[12303]: warning: please reduce time unit "hours" of
> > "delay_warning_time_hours" in delay template
> > ... postfix/bounce[12303]: warning: for instructions see the bounce(5)
> > manual
> >
> > Strangely (to me), these messages appear 20 minutes (not 15 minutes)
> after
> > the original message was delayed.
> >
> > I am not using any special delay template:
> > # postconf bounce_template_file
> > bounce_template_file =
> >
> > I have looked at man 5 bounce. Does the built-in template use an
> > undocumented parameter 'delay_warning_time_hours'?
>
> use 'delay_warning_time_minutes'
>
>         Wietse

Thanks but where do I use this? I never used delay_warning_time_hours
anywhere! I only set 'delay_warning_time = 15m' in main.cf.

If I need to create a bespoke bounce template file (because
delay_warning_time_hours is used in the built-in default template), where
can I see the built-in default template so that I can work from it?