On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 03:56:02PM +1200, Peter <pe...@pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> On 30/05/22 2:48 pm, raf wrote:
> > > If set
> > > +empty (the default value) the search path is the one compiled into the
> > > +Cyrus SASL library. </p> </li>
> >
> > I don't think that's entirely correct. On Debian, for
> > example, the default value of cyrus_sasl_config_path is
> > empty, and /etc/postfix/sasl is the directory that is
> > used. They haven't changed the default value to be
> > non-empty.
>
> It couldn't possibly be that they've compiled it into the cyrus sasl
> library?
>
> > But it does look like it's not the postfix package that
> > they changed. They changed the sasl2-bin package.
> > The only executable binary that contains the string
> > /etc/postfix/sasl is /usr/bin/saslfinger which is
> > provided by the sasl2-bin package.
>
> Which suggests that it's been compiled into the cyrus sasl library.
>
> Peter

No. Perhaps in the past, but no longer. I grepped for
/etc/postfix/sasl in every file on a debian11 system
and it didn't appear in libsasl2 or anywhere
interesting. It did appear in things like saslfinger
and apparmor rules and the postfix package file list
and augeas-lenses (a config file parser). But nothing
in any libsasl files or postfix files.

cheers,
raf