On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:33:42 +0000
stindlpeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

#>> I wouldn't argue with that but that's not an excuse for spreading
#>> FUD, is it?

#> I do not spread FUD.

I hate to say it, but I must agree with Julien. You do. In particular:

      On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:39:44 +0000
      stindlpeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      
      #> Security is mostly only a question of a feeling :-) The
      #> reality might be very different. Most releases of PGP are
      #> just good for a good feeling and to keep the system busy. And
      #> so it is with many other approaches too...

#> There might be many Adal Chiriliucs we don't even know...

I agree, but claiming that most of the people on Earth are such "Adal
Chiriliucs" *is* exactly "spreading FUD".

If even as few as *half* the Earth population is unable to break PGP
or similar protections, saying they are "just good for a good feeling
and to keep the system busy" is obviously wrong - they are also good
for keeping these people away.

And finally, this list probably isn't the best place for this
discussion.

-- 
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk
     ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )

To a man standing on the sun, everything looks like a conic section.



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to