--- In [email protected], Julien Pierrehumbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> Sheri wrote:
> >  I did run into a replaceg failure with the new builds
> > that worked with the old release version. It was
> > operating on a file.readall and at a certain point in
> > the file (which was around 18K in size), the new builds
> > quit processing and didn't replace remaining
> > occurences. There was no error given. Is there an
> > arbitrary limit on how many times the g services
> > operate in the plugin beta or the size of the incoming
> > string?

> 
> There's a limit but it's much higher so that looks like
> a bug. Thanks for discovering it. I assume this happens
> when using the old library with the newer plugin as
> well and not just with the CRLF version for example.
> Could you tell me the exact regex call you used and the
> approximate number of matches? I'll try to replicate
> that issue. Please keep your file and full script
> around in case it turns out to be hard to replicate.
> 

In shuffling different plugin versions and libraries, it now seems to
be working in all versions and I can no longer get it to fail. I even
doubled the input file size and it processed the whole file. I have no
idea why. Lastest run was with plugin 1.5 (this is reporting itself
with a date of 1.12.2006) and the enable crlf&utf8 pcre.

With the old distribution version of the plugin the newer library has
to be renamed to pcreposix3.dll.

I will reboot and see if anything changes.

Regards,
Sheri

Reply via email to