--- In pow [EMAIL PROTECTED], Julien Pierrehumbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Only one version gets distributed with PowerPro. I don't see a
> > downside to it being the CRLF version.

>  The downside is that it won't process standard text
> files properly. That and the bugs.

Please post an example so I can understand what is meant by "won't
process" and "standard text file".

> 
> >  Both versions work with lookaheads and lookbehinds in
> > my limited testing (would like some info on what was
> > referenced in the old plugin documentation)

> 
> I'm not sure I understand what you're refering to and I
> don't know what info you want... if I didn't answer
> that already, please try to be more explicit.
> 

>From your other message:
> 
> >  "Using lookbehinds (a PCRE-specific feature) with the
> > global services might lead to unexpected results." :(

> That's right... and unfortunately using other regex
> features as fancy lookbehinds isn't likely to help (in
> most cases anyway). The basic problem is that the regex
> library won't be aware of what has been consumed by
> previous matches. There's no easy way around that AFAIK.

I just need to see an example that demonstrates what doesn't work.

I've just tried a variety of lookbehinds and lookaheads with replaceg;
I was reading and writing all to text files. All my tests worked
perfectly in the CRLF ver, the UTF8 ver and the old release ver.

Thanks,
Sheri

Reply via email to