--- In [email protected], Julien Pierrehumbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:

> Sheri wrote:
> >  OK, I think this should apply and hopefully Julien
> > could fix it. It would appear the plugin is sending a
> > shortened string for testing multiple matches when it
> > should be sending startoffsets?

> This would certainly apply if plugin used the PCRE-
> specific interface but it uses the generic regex
> interface which is why it isn't called the pcre plugin.
> You must be tired of hearing the same explanation over
> and over... and I know you'd like a pcre plugin but I'm
> still not planning on writing one anytime soon. If
> anyone else wants to write one, I'd support it though.

Granted I'm not a programmer, but one would think the generic
interface could send PCRE what it needs when it happens to be calling
PCRE.

I understand now why my previous tests were working: my patterns
happened to use up whole strings between lookbehinds and lookaheads.

I did run into a replaceg failure with the new builds that worked with
the old release version. It was operating on a file.readall and at a
certain point in the file (which was around 18K in size), the new
builds quit processing and didn't replace remaining occurences. There
was no error given. Is there an arbitrary limit on how many times the
g services operate in the plugin beta or the size of the incoming string?

Regards,
Sheri

PS, Bruce released PowerPro 4.6. Even if you don't want to mess with
betas, keeping up-to-date with PowerPro releases should be painless.


Reply via email to