> 

So let me just manage expectations here.  All I will do, if I can 
get it to link, is call the services that pcrecpp exposes.  Whether 
they work the way you expect, I cannot say.  I won't be able to 
change how they work, however.

> 1) Uses the notempty option for subsequent calls in global 
operations
> after matching the empty string (this fixes is a problem Sean noted
> recently in the way its currently implemented). Also skips the 
Newline
> if CRLF option is in effect.

I do not know if it works this way.   There is definitely some 
pcrecpp-specific code that manages global operations, but as to how 
it works in detail, I cannot say.

> 
> 2) Uses offsets for instead of shortened strings in global 
operations
> so lookbehinds work.

Same answer as 1.

> 
> 3) Will be able to specify external options such as which line 
ending
> to use (lf, cr, or crlf) despite the default settings.
>

Yes, you can specify the options and pcrecpp will pass them to 
pcre.  What happens after that I cannot control.

Given this caveats, is this still useful?

  


Reply via email to