Sheri wrote:
> and I don't see the various string functions or the alternate dfa
> functions.
> 
> My pcreposix.dll was renamed from pcre.dll (the crlf one, dated
> 12/2/06 approx 170K) to use with Julien's latest update.

That's right. There are two (now three with the C++ wrapper) versions of 
PCRE: the large, full-featured version and the slimmed-down POSIX 
version which doesn't have the features that are never going to be used 
by code which uses the POSIX interface such as the regex plugin.

Now there has been some confusion (and I apologize for that) because 
GnuWin32 did not provide a functional POSIX version as of PCRE 5 or 6... 
therefore, I distributed the full-featured version with the plugin for a 
while. And now I'm distributing the POSIX version again. Normally you 
should be able to tell one from the other by their name but since the 
plugin is not clever about finding the library it wants, renaming is 
sometimes necessary... so one has to either guess the version from the 
size or examine the exported functions as you did.

There are a number of full-featured versions of PCRE still on my site 
but if you don't find one with features you want (such as 
newline-is-crlf), I'll upload that separately and I will label it as 
clearly as I can and reference it in the HTML page this time around.

Reply via email to