> This is merely an observation, not a feature request:
> The escape character should be set in config before using it, i.e.,
> can't use it via esc(). Is it as intended?

No, I forgot about changing this and will.


> BTW, I'm wondering what is the difference between \(expr) and &
(expr).

The main difference is that \() is more in the spirit of programming 
expressions.  There is also the subtle difference that

local quote ="\""
win.debug("quote is\(quote)")
will work, but using &() will not.


> 
> > - assignmennt with operation .= += -= *= /= %= ++=, eg
> 
> This is really a great enhancement for scripters. Now, what is 
missing
> useful is a bit-shift operator, which is not essential though, IMHO

Easy to add bit shift.

.
> 
> BTW, I have one request/question, about what always disturbes me
> whenever I have to use it: hex numbers >= 0x80000000
> Could it be modified to produce directly the signed integers?

Actually, there is a bug where PowerPro is using a system routine to 
process the 0x stuff, and tells the system routine to produce a 
signed integer.  It should be unsigned.

I will change this in an updated version.  I hope it won't break your 
existing scripts, but it might.   I cannot think of an easy way of 
avoiding this.




Reply via email to