brucexs wrote:

> --- In [email protected], sgp
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 
>>
>> Bruce,
>> 
>> I've reported this problem a long time ago, and I've never been able 
> to 
>> understand why it happens, perhaps you could take a look at the 
> source 
>> code. I can always reproduce it on a specific PC. Running the same 
>> configuration on any other PC doesn't trigger the problem.
> 
> 
> This is not the type of problem that will yield to a simple code 
> review.  I would need a simple script that consistently reproduced the
> problem.  If it fails on one PC and not others then you know the drill
> (find out what is different about the PC).

Hi Bruce, I'm reviving this old thread from last April because I've got some 
news.
The problem was/is that on a specific PC (not on all my PCs) the "paper" 
function triggers an error message 
"variable used before being declared: paper" when the corresponding option is 
set in the pcf file.

This time I've run PowerPro from a USB disk taken from one of the other PCs 
where the problem doesn't 
happen. So I know it's the same physical powerpro folder. I set "variables must 
be declared before using" in 
empty.pcf, then ran powerpro empty.pcf. From a command prompt I typed powerpro 
win.debug(paper) and 
got the error message. So now I know this problem is niether due to a specific 
pcf file, nor it is related to 
scripting. Unfortunately, I haven't found out what is different about this PC. 
It's a WinXP pro sp2 like all my 
other PCs.

Reply via email to