brucexs wrote  (on 28.03.2008 12:01):

> 4.8:  read entire script into memory and cache it (close script file), 

I'm not sure what the problem today was, but after eliminating a few 
wait.for()'s, my script's running as fast as before. And I've a good 
news :) I've seen that if I minimize/restore multiple windows at once, 
the minimum minimization time is decreased down to 20ms! *jawdrop* A 
very big performance gain indeed, thanks again.

I've also had some problems with capturing obscured windows (i.e. 
covered by others) after the upgrade. win.ontop & win.show were somehow 
not fast enough, such that captured image included half of the time 
covering windows. I've searched for how I can wait until WM_PAINT (which 
is sent by win.show) completely finishes and found no solution to it, 
but I've discovered a GDI UpdateWindow() function, which forces a 
repaint and bypasses application queue. It fixed my problem immediately. 
I thought maybe adding this as a new win.show() or as a new service, 
e.g. "show and wait until completely shown/redrawn" could be useful.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534874.aspx

Reply via email to